Space Fan News has been on the air for over six years now providing the latest in space and astronomy news from a fan's perspective and it's time to expand. We'd like to make SFN more comprehensive and responsive to viewer's needs and what better way to do that than to get our community involved?
Watch this video to learn more:
Submission Guidelines for Space Fan News
- Stories should be no longer than three minutes. Longer stories are possible, especially if you are reporting on a popular or 'big' story, but try to stick to the three minutes if you can.
- There is no standard 'format'. You don't have to stand in front of a camera, feel free to get creative! Voice-overs with graphics are fine as well as any other interesting way you can conjure up to tell the story. Just make sure your facts are straight! :-)
- Double-check your facts!
- If you have a YouTube channel, post your draft there and make it private, then send the link to 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
- If you don't have a YouTube acct, you can also submit your story via Google Drive, iCloud or Dropbox, or some other online storage system. Dropbox has a free account that gives you 2GB of storage and Google Drive gives you 15 GB free with Gmail.
- While we encourage creativity in your videos, please remember that the audience for Space Fan News includes families with smaller children so please avoid using offensive language. In other words, imagine your grandmother is watching this and write your story according :-)
I'm hoping that you'll want to get involved and send us stories for inclusion in our weekly space news show! I believe that by getting our Space Fan Community more involved that our show will grow beyond just a 'one-man band' presentation into a viable news source for people like us around the world!
Keep Looking Up! Tony Darnell Editor, Space Fan News